This series of poems is what a coming of age story looks like when you’ve grown up in a “cult.” This work in progress is loosely based on Yoshika’s personal experiences.
Yoshika’s first micro chapbook, Extra Bold, is a collection of poems that shows the progression of one woman’s life from childhood to adulthood. Lucinda Sato navigates through hardships, questions of her identity, and love with boldness. Read Extra Bold here
- The Curator; Negative Space
- Connect Magazine; Season Haikus & Embroidery
- Nikkei Uncovered; Family History
- Ghost City Review; why did you leave
- Ricepaper Magazine; Möbius Strip and other poems
In this monthly education column, Yoshika shares research-based classroom best practices and lesson plans. Read Three Ways to Check for Understanding and other articles in Good Morning Aomori.
- The Toyama TRAM; Summer in Shimokita Penninsula: a nature lover’s guide to the northern tip of Honshu
Interviews, Features, and More
- The Paper Napkin; Issue 1 Featured Poet
- JETwit; 3 Current JETs to Speak at Japan Writers Conference
- ASIAM Literary Magainze 2015 & 2014; Co-Editor in Chief